Notes from New York

Monday, January 08, 2007

La La Land

Greetings from California! I'm sat at James' computer while he scratches on the decks next to me - I have the coolest friends! So I'm here alive in once piece, enjoying the most beautiful weather, its gorgeous in LA. My flight out here was expectedly a little crazy, with the Supershittle living up to it's name, and experiencing two solid hours of terbulance out of the six I was in the air was pretty interesting. However, palm trees and sunshine and awesome company have made up for all that . Yesterday Amy, James and I hit up Santa Monica pier, went for a cruise along Mulholland Drive and wandered around Hollywood and Gruman's Chinese Theatre, and today was an all expensises paid trip to Universal Studious. It was fab, even for a cynical grumpy git like me, thought I was particularly disturbed by the War of the World's set they had - 9 million dollars for a set that had 3 minutes of airtime in the film. What could that money had been spent on instead of another not so great Tom Cruise film? Like most of my generation, I'm just not really thinking about that kind of thing. I was more excited by getting to go to Jurrasic Park and seeing my first ever humming bird - which was the highlight of the day for me, everyone else was totally nonplussed, aparently they're everywhere around here. Well, the sun is shining, I'm having an awesome time with my friends and tomorrow James and me are driving 3 hours north to Fresno to see Kassie and Jessica. Tonight I'm going on my first trip to the famed Olive Garden, which I've been persuaded is a sort of ironic family restaurant type thing, should be interesting.


So, there was some serious turbulance on my flight.... luckily this isn't it. War of the Worlds anyone? I found this set really creepy... like being in Lost or something.

I'm actually in LA, hell yeah!

Token cheesey tourist shot.

Amy and James were not amused after I pointed out the 100th palm tree. Seriously, palm trees? I spent most of my life in a country where the only palm trees were fake ones in the Treaty Centre. Nice.

On a beach. In January. Perfect.

Aparently my feet are about the same size as Frank Sinatra's, go figure.

It's my star!

Cheesey tourist shot #2

I was attacked by a T-Rex in 25 degree heat. My idea of a perfect day.

Word is there'll be snow in Oregon, so we'll be covering at least two of the four seasons during this tour. I'm looking forward to our road trip tomorrow (not sure James is relishing the prospect of 3 hours of my singing to radio, but I'm sure he'll come round). Fresno here we come!

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger sirhair said...

oh you silly Brit... Seems like you've been quite enjoying yourself! Despite being in Cali so much I still have yet to go to the universal studios... hmmm... you're lucky!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you Chantal!! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home