Notes from New York

Friday, December 29, 2006

Merry Christmas and all that Malarky

So Christmas has come and gone (thank goodness, I was reaching the end of my festive tether) - I hope everyone ate too much and fell asleep in front of the beeb, as is traditional. I was writing an essay in the morning, (typical) and toddled off in the evening to collect Dad from JFK airport. We're certainly been packing it all in - Dad's currently having a little rest on my bed before we head out to a Patti Smith gig at the Bowery Ballroom.


Dad likes to go into every vintage/thrift store in search of randomness. Today he bought some jeans for the bargain price of $3.50. I didn't let him buy this jacket though. He did sneak off one morning, however, and buy the converses I wanted for himself!


Thems my shoes!



Some random Jazz art saxophone thing - Roshni, its like cubism and jazz and pragmatism and stuff all rolled up into one sculpture! Er... yeah!

Some weird installation in a gallery in Chelsea


I think things with my name on should automatically belong to me.


The smallest gallery in New York, or something.


Dad in the corner of the Esperanto Cafe, off Bleeker. Yummy pie.

In Sardi's post play. The Vertical Hour was pretty good, Bill Nighy was great but Julianne Moore was less so. I thought she sounded like she was in a school play during the first half, but enjoyed the second half a lot more.

So, we've been to the Gramercy Cafe, the East Side Cafe, Sardi's (all the top NY eateries...) The Whitney, Broadway & Times Square, Central Park, Greenwich Village, Bryant Park (but it was too crowded to skate), Chelsea (where all the bloody galleries were closed), Herald Square, The Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre, Columbus Circle... I'm running out of ideas! Oh well, maybe a lie in tomorrow. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your holidays and Christmas left overs, I leave you with my efforts at creating moving art at Astor Place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home